Regulations Gdynia OPEN 2020
Children’s and Youth Song Festival
Under the Auspices of Mayor of Gdynia Wojciech Szczurek
International Children’s and Youth Song Festival Gdynia OPEN 2020 online is organized by Youth Community Centre in Gdynia and in cooperation with Social Innovations Laboratory.
International Children’s and Youth Song Festival Gdynia OPEN 2020 online is organized in order to popularize the idea of #stayathome (#zostanwdomu), support young vocal talents from Poland and abroad, as well as to promote youth activity and development of their music and artistic passions and interests.
3. Place and time:
- The Festival will last from 1.05.2020- 26.06.2020
- The festiwal consists of three stages:
- The first stage – accepting applications – 1.05-25.05.2020
- The second stage – presentation of the qualified to the festival performances after preliminary verification – 1.06-20.06.2020
- Third stage – the announcement of the results. It will take place during the ONLINE concert – 26.06.2020
The results and the presentations of the performances which will be accepted to the festival will be listed on www.gdyniaopen.pl
4. Participation conditions:
- In order to participate in the Festival it is essential to fill in an online Application Form which can be found on www.gdyniaopen.pl from 01.05.2020 till 25.05.2020.
- The participant is also obliged to attach to the Application Form the link to the recording which is to be placed on www.youtube.com
- Giving consents attached to the Application Form is voluntary however essential to take part in the festival.
- Filling in and sending the Application Form is equivalent to the acceptance of this Regulations.
5. Requirements concerning festival videos.
Contest video should be placed on a private (personal) youtube.com.
Generated public link to the contest video should be placed in the marked place in the Application Form.
The description of the contest video placed on YouTube.com must include name, surname of the participant,country, age category ( the year of birth is taken into cosideration),the title of the song and – Gdynia OPEN 2020 online.
Contest video sholud be filmed horizontally and from ststic shot.
Presented song must have well heard vocal and background music or own accompaniment (only vocal presentation will be evaluated).
Any interference in the recording by post-production is unacceptable.
The participant is obliged to send his/her contest video in the form of one shot. Any kind of audio-video mounting is forbidden.
NOTE Contest videos can be recorded only in a home environment and by widely available equipment such as a phone or a tablet.
- In Gdynia OPEN 2020 online are entitled to take part children and youngsters from 3 to 25 years as well as Families with children in the category Open ( Family band) with no age restrictions .
- In Gdynia OPEN 2020 online are entitled to take part children and youngsters singing solo, in duets and in Family bands . A duet is cosidered to be two participants living in the same household. As part of the #zostanwdomu ( #stayathome) idea duets or bands coming from different households are unacceptable.
- Each participant can send one song in his/her age category.
- Participant can apply as soloist, duet and Family band.
7. Age categories
- From 3 to 10 years;
- Form 11 up to 12 years;
- Form 13 up to 14 years;
- Form 15 up to 16 years
- From 17 up to 18 years
- From 19 up to 25 years
- Open – Family Band
The year of birth of the participant determines the age category.
In case od duets age category is determined by the age of the older participant.
Category Open – Family Band is for families consisting of 3 to 9 persons in any age including siblings,parents, grandparents providing that they live together in one household.
Course of the Competition:
- During Gdynia OPEN 2020 online each participant will perfom one song the length of which cannot exceed 5 minutes.
- Each solist,duet or Family Band is obliged to send a link to the video with a perfomed song and attach the link to the Application Form.
- Performance of the participants will be evaluated in two ways:
- by the Jury selected by the Organiser. Decisions of the Jury will be based on their knowledge, experience and capabilities and will be taken in accordance to the Jury Regulations. The decisions of the Jury are final.
- by voting online which will take place on www.gdyniaopen.pl . During the online voting internet users will choose the video with the biggest amount of votes. The video with the biggest amount of votes will be awarded the prize of Audience Award
- Choirs are not allowed to take part in the Festival.
- The Organiser informs that participants of the Festival are obliged to use artistic works with respect of the copyright or related rights of their authors, performing artists and producers.
- All the participants take part in the Festival at their own risk.
- The Organiser is entitled to change the Regulations, the date of the Festival, or cancel the festival without justification.
- All cases not included in the above Regulations will be settled by the Organiser in agreement with the Jury.
- Final interpretation of the above regulations belongs to the Organiser.
9. Evaluation criteria
- Performance of the participants will be evaluated by the Jury with regard to:
- vocal qualities and value
- choice of the repertoire adjusted to the age of the participant
- interpretation of the song
- sense of rythm
- general artistic impression
- Voting rules for the Audience Award
- all the performances qualified to the second stage of the Festival take part in voting for the Audience Award
- the online voting will take place on www.gdyniaopen.pl
- the online voting will last from 01.06.2020 till 20.06.2020
- each person can vote 10 times a day from one technical device such as : computer, telephone,tablet.
- the performance which will get the biggest number or votes will get the Audience Award
- it is forbidden for the voters to use any methods or programming to generate bigger amount of votes than 10 or to interfere with the operation of the website.
- participation in the voting is voluntary and free of charge.
- Performes selected by the Jury in the age category up to 10 years will receive statuettes of „Smiling Fishy“ and a material prize.
- Performes selected in the age categories from 10 years above will receive the statuettes: „Gold Fishy“, „Silver Fishy“ and „Bronze Fishy“ and financial prize. Jury will also award Grand Prix prize and a special prize for „Personality of the Festival“.
1. Soloists and duets
I prize – 500 PLN
II prize – 400 PLN
III prize – 300 PLN
2. Category Open (Family Bands)
I prize – 700 PLN
II prize – 600 PLN
III prize – 500 PLN
3. Grand Prix – 1000 EUR Founded by SAWP association
4. Audience Award – 1000PLN
5. Personality of the Festival – 500PLN
- The Jury has the right to change the amount and the alocation of the awards in each category.
- The Jury can decide to award additional material prizes.
For more details or information about the Festival please contact Magdalena Wierzcholska, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number 512496277
1. The administrator of my personal data is Młodzieżowy Dom Kultury ( Youth Community Centre) with the registered office in Gdynia (81-265) at 2 Grabowo Street, phone nb. 58 6988618, mail: email@example.com
2. Contact with the Data Protection Officer – Luiza Bukowska, mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. My personal data / personal details of my child will be processed for the implementation of the International Children’s and Youth Song Festival “Gdynia OPEN 2020“ and archiving documents based on art. 6 par. 1, point a) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/48 / WE (general regulation on data protection) – Dz.U.UE.L 2016.119.
4. I have the right to access, rectify my personal data / personal details of my child, limit their processing, and the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to withdraw any consent at any time with the reservation that withdrawal of consent does not have impact on the lawfulness of data processing, which was made on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
5. I have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, which deals with the protection of personal data, if it considers that the data is being processed contrary to the law : Protection Data Office, 00-193 Warsaw, 2 Stawki Street
6. The period of processing Application Forms with my personal data / personal details of my child by the Administrator is 2 years.
7. My personal data / personal details of my child may be made available to other entities on the basis of legal regulations and entities with which the Administrator has concluded agreements on the entrustment of personal data.
8. My personal data / personal details of my child will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling, and will not be transferred to a third country and / or international organization.
9. Providing data is voluntary, but necessary for the implementation of the International Children’s and Youth Song Festival “Gdynia OPEN 2020“.